Feile na nGael 2019
by Co.Chair on the 25th of April 2019
On Saturday, 27th April, the teams to represent us in Féile na nGael Corcaigh 2019 will be decided. Following two weeks of very competitive action, the final eight teams will fight it out for the two places on offer. In the A Division, Young Irelands play St. Brigids in the first semi-final and Dicksboro play St. Annes/Tullaroan in the second. These throw in at 10.30am in Gowran with the final/third place play-off set for 11.30 in the same venue.
Meanwhile in Thomastown, the B Division gets underway. Again at 10.30, Thomastown play John Lockes and Emeralds face Conahy Shamrocks in the semi-finals with the final at 11.30.
Kilkenny has a long tradition in Feile na nGael, having won the first division title on four occasions, St. Lachtains in 1989 and ’90, Clara in 1992 and, most recently, Dicksboro in 2013. Thomastown have been beaten finalists four times, in 1976, 2004, 2016 and 2017. Blacks and Whites were runners up in 1980 and Ballyhale Shamrocks in 1984.
There will be a €5 entry fee to the finals on Saturday, with the proceeds from each gate going to the respective winners to start them off on their fundraising. So get along to either Gowran or Thomastown on Saturday morning and support your team.
- Ticket Link Minor A Kilkenny/Waterford De La Salle Cleaboy Waterford 26/03/2023
- Link for Tickets-Seniors Kilkenny/Tipperary 25/03/2023 3pm Piltown GAA
- Link for Tickets-Intermediates Kilkenny and Cork 25/03/2023 Piltown GAA 1pm
- Link for Tickets - U16A Kilkenny v Laois - John Locke Park, Callan - 3pm - Sunday March 26
- Link for Tickets - U16B Kilkenny v Dublin - John Locke Park, Callan - 1pm - Sunday March 26